Charles I. Gorman
Statement of Significance
Few individuals are stamped with the mark of greatness; and even fewer achieve that mark in a lifetime cut short by death at the young age of 42.
Charles Gorman of Saint John was one of those rare human beings who, despite a painful physical handicap reached for and attained the stars.
The winner of 153 medals and trophies, the United States, Canadian, International and World Championships in indoor and outdoor speed skating events brought immortality to himself and pride to his city where he achieved his greatest fame, to his province and to his country which honoured him through its National Sports Hal of Fame.
From Lily Lake to Lake Placid his name and achievements will live forever.
Enrolled in the New Brunswick Sports Hall of Fame, June 27th, 1970
- Post Card Canada's Boys at Crowborough (front)
- Post Card Canada's Boys at Crowborough (reverse)
- Charles Gorman Military Personnel Record 1
- Charles Gorman Military Personnel Record 2
- Charles Gorman Military Personnel Record 3
- Charles Gorman Military Personnel Record 4
- Charles Gorman Military Personnel Record 5
- Charles Gorman Newspaper Clipping (The Toronto Daily Star, December 18, 1920)